Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Thursday, April 17, 2003

Thank You for the Warning, C--
Um, if you haven't seen this past Tuesday's Buffy, then SPOILER ALERT.

Thanks for telling me about the Buffy plot rumors, C--. If I had not known about Xander losing his eye in a violent manner, I would have been completely freaking out Tuesday night. I'd still be freaking out. As it is, I'm very surprised how upset I am about a fictional television character having his eye poked out by a creepy preacher.

How? How could they let that happen to Xander? I can see Willow or Anya or Buffy or Spike or Wood, as they all have or have had at some point a certain kick-assness about them. Xander's...Xander. He's the loser/dork with a heart of gold. He's the guy living next door. He's the bestest friend. He's Xander. He's completely lacking in kick-ass powers, other than snappy one-liners and good hugs and, apparently, motivational speeches. It's so wrong for him to be the victim. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Especially considering Slayette Kennedy barely got a scratch on her, in spite of the many chances the bad guys had to off the most annoying character who ever dated a Scooby. Dammit. I kept hoping they'd kill her off. If she survives through the end of the show, I will be most upset. I hate her. Hate. Grr! Die, Kennedy, die! Why couldn't she have her eye thumbed out? Or an appendage chopped off? Like her head?

Please note I didn't get to watch tonight's Angel because I was travelling unexpectedly and didn't have a chance to set up the VCR or ask my sister to fire up the TiVo. I am most upset. Arg! The world is against me! Arg!

No comments: