National Poetry Month
Among other things, April is National Poetry Month. Yesterday, the one day I didn't post, was supposed to be the day everyone carried a poem in their pocket and shared with the poem with as many people as possible. Poetry as STD. Anyway, other than the STD part, I thought it was a good idea and wanted to share a poem with you, Dear Reader, yesterday, but I was busy reading many things and watching a Powerpuff Girls marathon, so here's the post, belated.
Here's a poem by Dorothy Parker, the sentiments of which match my own thinking so very well.
Here's a poem by Dorothy Parker, the sentiments of which match my own thinking so very well.
Frustration
If I had a shiny gun,
I could have a world of fun
Speeding bullets through the brains
Of the folk who give me pains;
Or had I some poison gas,
I could make the moments pass
Bumping off a number of
People whom I do not love.
But I have no lethal weapon-
Thus does Fate our pleasure step on!
So they still are quick and well
Who should be, by rights, in hell.



No comments:
Post a Comment