Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Grrr! Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!
Atta boy, Matsui! The Yankees' new left fielder, Hideki "Godzilla" Matusi, finally hit his first home run of the season, his first home run in pinstripes, in the Yankee Stadium home opener this afternoon. In style: a grand slam in the fifth inning. Go! Go! Gojira!

I'm so very happy. I like Matsui. People say he's overhyped, but I like his swing–very compact–and he's more of a line-drive hitter than a home-run hitter, which means he'll be getting the ball into play rather than trying for the long ball and striking out. This is good. He'll be getting things done, getting on base, getting the run in. This is the way to win games. Home runs are very nice, though. Very nice indeed. A grand slam is a beautiful thing. I knew he'd hit his first homer once he got to Yankee Stadium. That place is a lefty hitter's paradise.

No comments: