To Boston CHEAP
I spoke with my good friend, C--, today. He's the super-awesome cook who lives in Boston. We talked a bit about my coming for a visit. I haven't seen him in ages! Not since, what, last spring? And I haven't been to Boston to see him since July, 2001. So I thought I should check out bus fares. Ick. $78 round trip. That's no good. Especially considering that's nearly $100 for many hours spent on a stinky bus. Then, on a whim, even though I know from having memorized the train lines when I had a map pinned to my cubicle wall that there's no Amtrak line between Albany and Boston, I checked to see what the train fare might be between my home and his.
Thirty-eight bucks. Round trip.
Yay Amtrak! I love trains! I love Amtrak! Yay! I don't know if that was some sort of Memorial Day Weekend special, and I should probably check to make sure it wasn't, but that's a butt-load cheaper than round-trip to NYC ($93!). Yay! Now I can go visit C--! Yay!
Thirty-eight bucks. Round trip.
Yay Amtrak! I love trains! I love Amtrak! Yay! I don't know if that was some sort of Memorial Day Weekend special, and I should probably check to make sure it wasn't, but that's a butt-load cheaper than round-trip to NYC ($93!). Yay! Now I can go visit C--! Yay!



No comments:
Post a Comment