Baking
It’s about ten minutes after eleven at night and the gingerbread I’m baking is starting to send off odors of gingerbread goodness so powerful they are leaking out of the oven and traveling about the house, causing me to get up from my chair or the sofa with great frequency to check the time on the beeper and open the oven to make sure I didn’t set the beeper incorrectly. It smells sooooooo goooooood!
I’ve been majorly into baking for about five months now. I think because I finally have an oven which heats with relative evenness. Though my mother complains of its unevenness, I wish to point out the oven I had in the hole-in-a-hole which was termed a studio in ads sucked ass and would not even heat up most of the time but instead leaked massive amounts of gas, so I had to crack open the door…because the windows refused to open or stay open. ... And yet I am still alive. ("Can nothing stop this evil fiend?!")
I am very glad to have moved out of there and am very bitter I spent three years giving that bastard of a landlord money. But it was my very first place away from any member of my family, so I guess it was good in that way. Oh, and no one touched my stuff, which is also very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very good. ‘Cause, let me tell you, folks cannot stop moving my stuff around here. I’m gonna have to put the smackdown, or however one says that. I’m quite perturbed. frown frown frown
Anyway, gingerbread. In the oven. I think there’s maybe five minutes left, and then hot gingerbready goodness coming at me. And at whomever else is still up. ("Whomever?" Is that a word? I mean, it is "at," so it'd be "whom," right? But, "whomever?" That can't be right.)
Why is this posted so much later than 11:15 P.M.? Because I don’t want to have any other post dilute the birthday greeting post on the 15th. I’m, like, all conscientious ‘n’ stuff about that.
Ooh. There goes the beeper. steps away for a minute, then comes back, chewing on a toothpick Still not done, darn it. Toothpick was deliciously covered in still gooey gingerbread chew chew and the bread hadn’t pulled away from the sides of the glass pan. Tray. Dish. Whatever.
I’ve been majorly into baking for about five months now. I think because I finally have an oven which heats with relative evenness. Though my mother complains of its unevenness, I wish to point out the oven I had in the hole-in-a-hole which was termed a studio in ads sucked ass and would not even heat up most of the time but instead leaked massive amounts of gas, so I had to crack open the door…because the windows refused to open or stay open. ... And yet I am still alive. ("Can nothing stop this evil fiend?!")
I am very glad to have moved out of there and am very bitter I spent three years giving that bastard of a landlord money. But it was my very first place away from any member of my family, so I guess it was good in that way. Oh, and no one touched my stuff, which is also very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very good. ‘Cause, let me tell you, folks cannot stop moving my stuff around here. I’m gonna have to put the smackdown, or however one says that. I’m quite perturbed. frown frown frown
Anyway, gingerbread. In the oven. I think there’s maybe five minutes left, and then hot gingerbready goodness coming at me. And at whomever else is still up. ("Whomever?" Is that a word? I mean, it is "at," so it'd be "whom," right? But, "whomever?" That can't be right.)
Why is this posted so much later than 11:15 P.M.? Because I don’t want to have any other post dilute the birthday greeting post on the 15th. I’m, like, all conscientious ‘n’ stuff about that.
Ooh. There goes the beeper. steps away for a minute, then comes back, chewing on a toothpick Still not done, darn it. Toothpick was deliciously covered in still gooey gingerbread chew chew and the bread hadn’t pulled away from the sides of the glass pan. Tray. Dish. Whatever.
Wheadon’s World
Okay, so I’m still steaming about the no-new-Buffy episode Tuesday night. Pre-empted for an outtakes special? Outtakes of UPN shows? Who watches any except for Buffy? Star Trek fans won’t even watch Enterprise, in spite of the supposedly sexy Vulcan chick in form-fitting uniform (Seven of Nine! Paging Seven of Nine! ...wait...she's teaching in Boston?) and Scott Bakula playing captain. Why couldn’t they pre-empt one of their other shows, you know, one of the shows without a fan base? Which would be every single other show they have.
On the other hand, finally got to watch an episode of Angel, which was surprisingly non-sucky, considering the addition of his son last year, or whenever, which sounded really stupid when I heard about it. I still don’t like Fred, and I miss Wesley’s nerd-glasses, and what is up with Cordy’s hair? And, yes, the son is annoying (his name will from now on be Angel's Annoying Son, or AAS), but the ep was still Wheadony fun. Demon-slaughter of all the evil lawyers! Yay! Corpses! Yay! Blood! Yay! Evil lawyer-zombies seeking the flesh of our heroes! Yay! Our heroes kickin’ evil lawyer-zombie ass! Yay! We love Wheadon!
…beep! beep! beep! beep!
Oops. The beeper. steps away, is gone for about five minutes, then returns with a plate of steamin’-hot gingerbread Yum. Though it could do with some fresh, whipped cream. … Oh, well. munch munch munch Mmmmm….
On the other hand, finally got to watch an episode of Angel, which was surprisingly non-sucky, considering the addition of his son last year, or whenever, which sounded really stupid when I heard about it. I still don’t like Fred, and I miss Wesley’s nerd-glasses, and what is up with Cordy’s hair? And, yes, the son is annoying (his name will from now on be Angel's Annoying Son, or AAS), but the ep was still Wheadony fun. Demon-slaughter of all the evil lawyers! Yay! Corpses! Yay! Blood! Yay! Evil lawyer-zombies seeking the flesh of our heroes! Yay! Our heroes kickin’ evil lawyer-zombie ass! Yay! We love Wheadon!
…beep! beep! beep! beep!
Oops. The beeper. steps away, is gone for about five minutes, then returns with a plate of steamin’-hot gingerbread Yum. Though it could do with some fresh, whipped cream. … Oh, well. munch munch munch Mmmmm….
Culture
Going to go see Yo-Yo Ma at the Palace Theater tomorrow night. Well, tonight, I guess, by the time I post this thing, which will be tomorrow, the 16th, not today, the 15th. Right. ‘Cause the 15th is ET’s birthday, and that is sacrosanct. Or summat. Anyway, Yo-Yo Ma is not only a kick-ass cellist (you must hear him play! He rocks the world! Okay, maybe “rocks” is not quite appropriate, but he’s very, very, very good, my blog-reading friend.) but he has a great name. Yo-Yo Ma. That is a wonderful name. Oh, and he’s a nice guy, too. But that’s another story. So, I’m going to hear him play tomorrow. Which, dear reader, is a Good Thing.



No comments:
Post a Comment