- Benjamin Franklin
Tuesday, January 07, 2003
Beautiful
I cannot begin to describe how absolutely gorgeous it is outside. (I'm still in Albany.) There's still feet of shining white snow on the ground and coating branches and bushes and entire evergreen trees like thick, goopy frosting. It's something out of a poster advertisement for winter vacations. Long, delicate icicles hanging from the roof line and from branches where the snow has been melting slowly. They twinkle and shine in the sunlight, reflected and direct. The sky is a deep blue, a shade or two darker than you'd find in the Crayola box with the label "sky blue." The tops of the bare trees wave in the sky, and the ice on the branches shimmers in rainbow colors and flashes of white. It's beautiful. You call local companies on the phone and you wind up spending ten minutes talking about how lovely it is outside (the woman at the cable company is taking pictures through her office window). I wish I could post pictures on this site so you guys could see how amazing it looks up here (and how much snow we have!). Ah, well.



No comments:
Post a Comment