Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Sunday, January 26, 2003

Weather Update and Gross-out
It's snowing again. I suppose I should be bored or frustrated with the snow by now. I mean, we've had a hell of a lot of it. But I'm not. I still think it's very pretty, and smile when I see it, if it's not too close to when I woke up. We're supposed to get three inches today. There's still a couple of feet on the groud that never melted, as we've been sub-freezing for, like, 17 days straight or something. So, it's just more snow to make the old snow prettier, as old snow tends to get a little dirty. Except in the yard, where it stays pretty much pristine and lovely.

This is what winter in the north is supposed to be in my head. Lots of snow, very cold. Yup. That's about right. And that's what I've received my first winter here in Smalbany. Everyone's complaining but me.

However, this cold, damp weather has lead to my holding on to this cold for way too damned long. My nose is filled with a pudding-like substance. This should not be in my nose. It's wrong and disgusting and horrible and it's in my nose. Ick. I blow my nose and fill the Kleenex with vanilla pudding and that's... just... plain... wrong. But it's better than in my nose. Worst part, there's this Homer Simpson part of my brain that's going, "Mmm..., pudding....drool" which just makes it even more disgusting. But I do now have this craving for pudding. Like, butterscotch. Mmm..., butterscotch pudding.... Oh, ick.

No comments: