Freezing F--king Cold
It is currently one degree Fahrenheit outside.
One degree. Above zero. Fahrenheit.
There are places very close to here, in the mountains, which are about twenty degrees below zero. I used to wish we lived there, as it's prettier and the neighbors are nicer (and it's not like living closer to town here means you're any closer to civilization). Now I am hoarding my solitary degree above zero and refuse to share with my neighbors to the north.
It was so cold last night that I couldn't get to sleep for hours. I tried, but I was too cold. I thought that being cold made one sleepy, but apparently I have this self-defense trigger from the days when my pale-as-snow ancestors had to deal with freezey-frickin' cold weather on a regular basis and couldn't allow themselves to fall asleep in cold temperatures as they might be risking death or loss of limb.
It is also about 42 degrees F. in southern Florida. May not be as cold as where I am, but I know those southerners are not coping with these comparatively chilly temperatures very well. Which, naturally, amuses this Yankee to no end.
One degree. Above zero. Fahrenheit.
There are places very close to here, in the mountains, which are about twenty degrees below zero. I used to wish we lived there, as it's prettier and the neighbors are nicer (and it's not like living closer to town here means you're any closer to civilization). Now I am hoarding my solitary degree above zero and refuse to share with my neighbors to the north.
It was so cold last night that I couldn't get to sleep for hours. I tried, but I was too cold. I thought that being cold made one sleepy, but apparently I have this self-defense trigger from the days when my pale-as-snow ancestors had to deal with freezey-frickin' cold weather on a regular basis and couldn't allow themselves to fall asleep in cold temperatures as they might be risking death or loss of limb.
It is also about 42 degrees F. in southern Florida. May not be as cold as where I am, but I know those southerners are not coping with these comparatively chilly temperatures very well. Which, naturally, amuses this Yankee to no end.



No comments:
Post a Comment