Food
One thing I miss about New York (which is an odd thing to miss now that I think about it, but there you are) is the sandwiches offered at various Starkbucks around Manhattan. They are very tasty. I especially like the black forest ham and whatever-cheese on marble rye. Yummers. I know I could get a better sandwich elsewhere in the City, as it's freakin' New Yawk, deli capital of America, and the only place in the world where they slice the meat right (nice and thin, not those nasty slabs we're forced to consume up here in Smalbany). But they also have nice coffee and very yummy hot chocolate at Starbucks. Ooh, and the caramel apple cider! Mmmm! And they take Amex, which is good, 'cause then I can get my mom to pay. Yay!
Also good: spinach feta salads with red onions. I like 'em. There's this grocery store up near Columbia U. which serves very good ones. And has a large stock of candies from Europe. (Mmm...chocolate!) (And Fruit Pastiles! :-q !!) (Too bad I can't afford to buy any of the funner stuff. Mom won't spring for the candy. pout)
Best corn chowder on the Eastern Seaboard: Serendipity III, near Bloomies on the East Side. Bonus: you can then purchase a sundae of any three ice cream flavors you desire and any topping you desire. This sundae will be expensive, but it will also be the size of a child's head. hehhhhh...
Best spinach salad: this funky lil' place on the corner from where my friend, C., used to live in Boston, walking distance from Boston-Back Bay train station.
Also good: spinach feta salads with red onions. I like 'em. There's this grocery store up near Columbia U. which serves very good ones. And has a large stock of candies from Europe. (Mmm...chocolate!) (And Fruit Pastiles! :-q !!) (Too bad I can't afford to buy any of the funner stuff. Mom won't spring for the candy. pout)
Best corn chowder on the Eastern Seaboard: Serendipity III, near Bloomies on the East Side. Bonus: you can then purchase a sundae of any three ice cream flavors you desire and any topping you desire. This sundae will be expensive, but it will also be the size of a child's head. hehhhhh...
Best spinach salad: this funky lil' place on the corner from where my friend, C., used to live in Boston, walking distance from Boston-Back Bay train station.



No comments:
Post a Comment