Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Saturday, January 11, 2003

Note to A., a.k.a. "the Hamster"
Yes, I know, you're waiting patiently for me to respond to your e-mail about my schedule and when I might be in NYC. Unfortunately, because of a complete lack of funds, I won't be heading anywhere on my own any time soon. This includes New York and Boston (sorry, C.).

The only reason I got to go to Philly before Christmas was my mom drove me down half-way and my sister picked me up at the meeting point. Then I got a ride back up here with my sister and her family. If I'd taken the train to Philly, my sister was going to write me a check so I could pay the bill.

This is not the sort of thing I'd ask friends to do, and I wouldn't accept it if, in some strange alternate universe, it were offered, as that's a very strange and strenuous thing to do to a friendship. So, though I've still no idea when my spring break will be, I won't be in NYC at any point in the foreseable future (like, any time before next year). Unless I'm with my parents, and there's no way they'd let me off my leash.

No comments: