Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

i'm in gryffindor!

Monday, January 27, 2003

Lazy
I got up at around 9:30 in the morning today without the use of alarms, which is good. I cleaned up the kitchen a bit from last night, then did a bit of laundry, then collected my study materials. Loose-leaf notebook from class, check. Spiral-bound notebook for journal assignment, check. Only textbook assigned so far, check. I sat on the living room sofa, my feet tucked strategically around the somnolent Oscar (the black cat with the short fuse), and began to read, occasionally underlining stuff I thought I might need to remember in class in pencil (to be erased later). It was around 11:30. Mom still hadn't risen from her bed. (She's like that. Part vampire, maybe. She's difficult to get out of the house before four in the evening.)

Anyway, I'm reading, reading, make it maybe half-way through a chapter, and then I'm out. Sleep waves put off by the cat, maybe? Floof the super-fluffy cat was sleeping on one of the cat pillows about three feet away, which might have doubled the feline sleep wave dosage, in spite of the factor of distance. Which might have caused the sudden somnolence on my part.

However, I was out until 5:30. That's six hours of sleep after a full night's rest and getting up after office hours start. The hell? And I was still tired. Like, in need of chemical stimulant tired. I chose the legal caffeine and proceeded to... watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer for two hours. Then make and eat dinner. Then check out the blogs I check out on a regular basis.

It is now 10:05 at night, and I got nothing done all day, except sleep. It's not procrastination, it's laziness. I like sleeping far too much. I think I might be a cat in a human body. Only without the benefits of being a cat, like the ability to stretch beyond any recognizable shape and be so cute I can get tasty treats out of my persons for no reason or special occasion other than my feline cuteness.

No comments: