Who Are You?
I started wondering last night: who the heck is reading this blog? I can't imagine too many people I know are reading this. When I wrote the "thank you" post to SheepBoy and Halifax, I thought, Oh, they're not going to read this, and sent them an e-mail.
I'm pretty sure there are two people I know reading this. Two. That's it. And I can't imagine someone I don't know reading this (I've a hard enough time imagining friends reading this). What a serious waste of time that would be. Though, as I just posted below, that's kinda the purpose of the internet now: to waste time.
I'm reading blogs of people I don't know now, as I find them amusing or interesting or insightful or whathaveyou. It has occurred to me, on occasion, that a complete stranger might have stumbled across this blog while surfing and is now reading it, but, honestly, why would they? I've no idea how to find out how many hits I have and where from and I'm not particularly interested in knowing, as I feel that's somewhat nosy ("Hello, Reader! I know how often you come here and where you come from and how much money you make and how many times you hit porn sites! Booga-booga-booga!").
So, really, if I'm not entirely sure the two readers I know read this on occasion are reading this post, and no strangers would read this, then why am I writing it? Self-indulgence. That's the only reason I can think of. Of which I can think. No, that doesn't scan right, either. Anyway, it seems I'm keeping this blog entirely for myself. Rather silly when I think about it, but that's not going to stop me.
I'm pretty sure there are two people I know reading this. Two. That's it. And I can't imagine someone I don't know reading this (I've a hard enough time imagining friends reading this). What a serious waste of time that would be. Though, as I just posted below, that's kinda the purpose of the internet now: to waste time.
I'm reading blogs of people I don't know now, as I find them amusing or interesting or insightful or whathaveyou. It has occurred to me, on occasion, that a complete stranger might have stumbled across this blog while surfing and is now reading it, but, honestly, why would they? I've no idea how to find out how many hits I have and where from and I'm not particularly interested in knowing, as I feel that's somewhat nosy ("Hello, Reader! I know how often you come here and where you come from and how much money you make and how many times you hit porn sites! Booga-booga-booga!").
So, really, if I'm not entirely sure the two readers I know read this on occasion are reading this post, and no strangers would read this, then why am I writing it? Self-indulgence. That's the only reason I can think of. Of which I can think. No, that doesn't scan right, either. Anyway, it seems I'm keeping this blog entirely for myself. Rather silly when I think about it, but that's not going to stop me.



No comments:
Post a Comment